Introduction of Me

 




Welcome to my blog!

 

My name is Gabrielle. I am currently a junior at Georgia Gwinnett College, and I am looking forward to a great fall semester. My major is English, and I hope to use that to become a journalist once I graduate. Just to tell you a little about myself, I am originally from Chicago (meaning, my family religiously supports all Chicago sports teams), but I moved here around 5thgrade. Since then, I have bounced around from Lawrenceville, Dacula, Flowery Branch, to Buford. I still visit Chicago quite often. Although I enjoy living here, I do still consider Chicago my home. 


(image source: tumblr)


 

A passion of mine is definitely writing. I have always loved writing since I was little. One of my earliest memories of sitting down and writing something was when I wrote an “adaptation” of Parent Trap. It wasn’t really an adaptation–hence the quotes. I basically plagiarized the entire storyline at eight years old, but I changed the names, so I thought that meant it was my story. My writing style, thankfully, has evolved since then. Now, I run an online forum called Joy of Writing, encouraging women to use their voice and share their story through writing. We post anything from freeform political essays to poetry. I wanted to meld my passion for writing and women’s rights, so I created Joy of Writing, hoping to spread my love of writing and give women a platform to use their voice for good. So far, it has been such an amazing experience, and I am so happy I did it! 

 

Thank you for reading!

Comments

  1. Great image of Chicago! Try "chunking" your text into smaller sections.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

God of the Gaps

Everlasting Journalism